
This picture is after the carnage. All of the bees died except for a few which keep coming back but not for good. We hated to kill the bees but they were right where Bryant is building our shed and the kids play. Sorry that the pictures go in reverse order.
The title of the blog is from the Bee Movie - my kids loved that movie until Saturday afternoon. We came back from my sister's house and Maya looked outside and asked me what all of the black things were in the air. I looked out our back door and noticed that there was a HUGe swarm of bees. There must have been a least a million of them (to me but probably at least 1000.)
Bryant was at work and I had no idea what to do. I called him and he told me not to go outside and he would look at it in the morning.

Here is the brave guy spraying the bees - sorry it was taken thru the screen. I didn't want to get too close.

Early Monday morning, Bryant went to home depot and got 2 big cans of spray and covered himself so that he wouldn't get stung. He swells up when it happens. I was on standby with 911 in case we needed them.

Sunday Morning while I was at a meeting, Bryant knocked down the bees with a very long stick. But instead of flying away - they all got behind each other on the ground. All day we were hoping that they would leave but, no they did not.

See the huge mass of them in our tree. This is what it looked like Saturday Night.
5 comments:
I am NOT a bee fan, so I totally condone your actions! They should have made their home else where. And what a brave guy Bryant is!
wow too bad you didn't get any honey out of it. Way to go Bryant
Wow, your husband is BRAVE because that is a LOT of bees. I would have been taking pictures from behind the screen too.
Were those all bees in the pictures? Just a massive heap o'bees? Yuck. Husbands are very handy for those things. Great job masked bandit...aka Officer Rockwood!
Ewwww!!!! I hate bees!!!
Post a Comment