Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's Official...


... I am now the meanest mom. I knew that one day one of my kids would say it to me. And today it happened.


I took the kids swimming today and as we were leaving the pool after 1 1/2 hours of swimming, Madison told me that I said that they could swim for 1 to 2 hours and that it was not time to leave yet. It was not the words that she used but rather the tone. Imagine one hand on a hip and the other hand pointing at me. Well, she had asked for her cousin to come over and play. I told her that her cousin would not be coming over since she was not being very nice to me. She begged for one more chance (I am sure that most of you know exactly what I am talking about). Well, I have given a lot of one more chances since Thursday and school finishing.


I then got the sentence that according to my Dad make me a real mom, "Mom you are the meanest mom." Well, we talked about why she said that and why I didn't give her one more chance. Even after our talk, she said it to me again which means I must be doing something right.


But now, I can claim the title of the Meanest Mom. Here is a picture of the kids that makes me laugh and remind me why I love being the meanest mom!

4 comments:

ganelle said...

Hey, I thought I was the meanest mom! At least that's what my kids tell me!

Great to find you!

Sherrilynn said...

I feel your pain! Been there done that. Amen to all you said. I hear ya girl.

Shanen said...

Hey that's pretty good if you are just hearing that right now for the first time. I have heard it beforem, and I also hear "You're the worst!" Yep, life is good over here. =)

Rach said...

I'm one of those "mean Mom's" too. Your Dad is right, I think it does make you a real Mom. =) Good job on how you handled it.