Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. This is a picture of my grandparents - Forrest and Mary Jensen. I am so lucky to have them as grandparents and as Grand ma and Grandpa Great for my kids! Granddad, who is 92, had surgery on Thursday. Thanks to kris for letting me steal this next part - "His goal in life right now is to live longer than his wife so he can always take care of her and tha she will not have to live on her own." He is an amazing example of loving and caring for his wife!

2. With his surgery and the outcome, it has given me a chance to reflect on eternal families and how lucky and grateful that we are for this knowledge!

3. I didn't post last week because I was feeling sorry for myself! I have been having some major knee issues and I had gone to the dr on Monday and I told him that I am training for a half marathon in November and he corrected me by saying that I was but not now.

4. More knee stuff - I had an MRI done -pretty cool but very hard to stay still for 20 minutes. I have tendonitis in my knee, hamstring and a really bad IT band - so it is off the PT for me. Kris told me that your PT will be your best friend and worst enemy all at the same time! I totally agree especially when they are doing the astym to my leg - it is covered in brusies but hopefully it will be worth it!

5. Phones - we cancelled our land line with cox one month ago and it has been GREAT!!! It is amazing how many fewer telemarketers we get calling us - even though our number was blocked. I also love giving that much less money to Cox!!

6. Bryant and running - Bryant is continuing to do a great job at running. He likes how he feels after he is done which makes him want to do more!

7. My niece got baptized and which my dad came in town for. It was amazing to see him and spend time together. I love my parents so much!

8. My sisters and I are planning a vacation of a lifetime for us and our spouses - we said 2020 but it may be too far away - I think that we may have to go on a test one sooner!

9. President Utchdorf is amazing. I love how I feel everytime he talks. He is so positive. His talk about the forget me nots is one that I will remember for ever. I am going to the store tomorrow to get a forget me not plant to put in my house to help me remember the 5 things that he talked about!

10. My kids - we had parent teacher conferences last week and each of their teachers said that they wish that they had classes full of kids like ours. Even if they say that to all of the parents - I don't care- my kids are great and they do amazing things for each other, their friends and especially for me and Bryant!

3 comments:

Greg and Kristen said...

Hi Kari! I am so sorry to hear that you have been having knee trouble. I hope that the physical therapy helps you. I have been having some real issues also and found out a couple of weeks ago that mine is going to need fixed. So when school gets out in the end of May and Greg is home for the summer, I will be getting my right knee fixed. Can't wait. :( We love you guys!

Kristen & Greg

Anonymous said...

Keep doing the exercises that the PT tells you to do at home. It is always worth it!

ganelle said...

You are a great commericial for NOT running! Thanks for that ;)

As for Utchdorf, I LOVE him! There was a whole lot in that talk that was exactly what I needed to hear. SOOO much.

Good luck with your knee!