Tuesday, November 13, 2012

10 on tuesday - Thankfulness

 These are out of order but I will do my best.

1.  Monday 12th - Veterans day - I cheated and took this off of Kris's blog because I couldn't take of picture of them - but I am so thankful for Jeff and his family and for the sacrafice that they make everyday on my little families behalf to protect this great country that we live in.  Heather deserves just as much thanks as Jeff does - I am also thankful for Dad, granddad and Wyatt (Kiresten too!) for their sacrafices
 2.  Tuesday - November 13th - I am thankful that my kids are starting to work better.  It is a long process to teach them how to work and they may trim the bushes a little too close but they are doing it and hopefully will continue to work through out their lives!
 3.  Sunday - November 11th - I am thankful that we had stake conference and got to listen to Elder Holland and President Eyring and that I got to make cinnamon muffins that morning.  I am so grateful for the words which I heard which have given me comfort and let me know what more I need to do as a parent with kids!
 4.  Thursday - November 8th - I am thankful that we LOVE to play games together as a family.  I love the fact that we sit around the table, talk, eat, and have fun together as a family with no TV, Computer - just music to help us rock out!!!
 5.  Wednesday - November 7th - I am thankful for Bryant!!!!  He probably could take up the entire month but on Wednesday I was especially thankful that he was fulfilling his calling in the YMs.  He makes the best wings and he made them for the YM and YW's and even though it takes a while - he did it because of his calling - thank you for fulfilling your priesthood responsibility!
 6.  Friday - November 9th - I am thankful for new stairs in our backyard.  The stairs that were there were pretty scary.  Not very sturdy since they were as old as our home.  I am grateful that Bryant did an amazing job on the stairs!!
 7.  Saturday - November 10th - above is before and below is after.  I am thankful for my body and that I was able to run a 1/2 marathon on Saturday.  One year ago, I could not even run a mile due to knee issues and I was really afraid that I was never going to be able to run again, but I can and I love it!   I enjoyed myself (went out a little to fast for the first half) but finished it in a better time than 2 years ago and now I am training for a marathon in March!
8.  I am so excited for this time of year because one of my most favorite ice cream flavors is availabe -Peppermint!!

9.  This week Maya gets baptized and I can't wait for Mom and Dad to come down to AZ for a quick trip from CO - we will miss those who won't be there - but we will be sure to eat some pie for you!

10.  Random thought - I have to brag on this one - yesterday Bryant ran 2 miles at a 8 minute pace!!!!  He is amazing!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way to go everyone on the running! glad mom and dad get to be there for Maya.