Saturday, April 20, 2013

Some on Saturday

1.  This weekend with our ward's father and son campout.  Bryant and Max always go up early on Friday and go fishing at the same spot.  This year they caught 24 fish. 

2.  In February - Max had an overnighter with the Webelos - he had a very hard time and cried a lot of the time at night.  He made it through the night but for his arrow of light, he has to have another over night which was going to be Father's and Sons.  Well, I talked to Bryant last night and then Bryant had me talk to Max and he lost it.  He got himself so worked up that he thought he was going to be sick, so they drove home Friday night late.  It does not count for a campout but more importantly, I need to figure out a way to toughen him up on campouts.  I am really worried for his scouting days if this does not get better.  Any suggestions?

 3.  The first Friday in April when I was working, the kids had it off and so Bryant took them fishing at his favorite spot. They caught 26 fish but two of them died (they caught and release) so they came home.  Bryant showed them how to gut a fish, get rid of the scales and bones and then they fried it.  They actually thought that it was not too bad.
4.  In March - Madi got braces.  She will wear them for almost 2 years.  At first she could not wait for them, but now she knows that they are not all fun and games.

5.  Speaking of Madi, On Wednesday, we went to YW's for Girls Camp Info.  I had to fill out forms and then leave her as they planned their songs, skits etc.  It was a lot harder for me than I would have imagined it would be.  I cried as I drove home (2 minutes) realizing that my time as the main influence in her life is over and that I hoped we had done a good job in teaching her.  I know that I will still have some influence but not nearly as much as I used to.  It was hard.

6.  I am back to my pre tax season schedule - only working 3 days a week and loving having 2 off.  I love it even more during the summer when I only work about 10 hours a week.  That makes life so much better!!!

No comments: