Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Bryant has been playing softball with the Elder's Quroum on Thursday nights in the City of Mesa Softball league. Since it is their first time in the league, they place them in the B league - they have played the 7 teams and have won one game. There are some good players on the team but hopefully they will be in the c league next time! The kids have loved going to his games and cheering him on! They also realized that there are concessions and want to bring their money next time!



2. On Saturday, the kids and I went to Tempe Town Lake. There were almost 3ooo flags - one for every person killed on 9/11/01. Each flag listed the name, where they died and a little bio of each person. For the kids who had died, there were teddy bears placed at the base of the flags, for members of the miltary - combat boots, first responders - yellow ribbons and those on the airplane - blue ribbons. It was good for me to be able to talk to the kids about what happened 10 years ago and how many heros there were. It made them appreicate Bryant even more for what he does each day!

It was truly an awe inspiring sight! The flags were in straight lines whatever way you looked!



3. Monday - Madi pulled out her own tooth! This is the first time that a tooth came out without any tears! She had been wiggling it and it came out super easy!



4. I have had to begin to write the things down in my calendar that we have done so that I can remember for the weekly post! It has also made me do more fun things with my kids so that I can have fun things to post about!!



5. Dance Class - Maya has finally started her dance class! She has been waiting for this class since May. It is every thursday and she gets to go home with a friend and then I pick them up. THere will be pictures next week of her dance outfits! She loves it!!



6. My car - My battery died today! It is just one more thing that makes me want to chuck the whole thing! Hopefully I can make it until we decide which to get - right now I am leaning toward either the Honda Pilot or Volvo makes a SUV that has 3 rows and we can get it for a good deal from our car guy!


7. Work - I work for an accounting firm and this week all of the coporate taxes are due. I am truly amazed at how some people manage to run their businesses. If they run their businesses the way that they provide information for their taxes, I am very worried for them!


8. The Weather - we finally got rid of the extreme heat and now the nights are cooling off and it helps make me realize why we live in AZ. We have been running, playing outside and enjoying every minute of it.


9. Trampoline Mat - I think it was 6 years ago we bought a trampoline for super cheap from a family in Kindy's ward. This past summer, the stitching has been coming out and the springs have started coming off. I ordered a new mat on Thursday and the kids can't wait for it to come! With the beautiful weather that is just about upon us - I need to make sure that the mat is ready for a good 8 months of use!


10. Blessings - As I spent Saturday and Sunday thinking about 10 years ago, it made me think about all of the blessings that I have received in the past 10 years. Way too many to list and truly humbling how much my little family has been blessed with work, friends, family, church and so many more things! It always does my heart good to think of the blessings and not the things that we don't have!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the flag's. That is such a cool thing. I use my facebook posts to help me remember what I did the last week. Can't wait to see the dance outfit!!

Linds said...

Wow, the display of flags is amazing!